Its a Pink Pink World

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Girls in the Hen House



Wow times flies, It has been so cold here this month, well I spose it is winter, nearly spring time, I love spring time, the flowers the smells, the air, just love it.
Hubby ordererd some new chooks, and we are still waiting for them, but in the mean time we got two new additions, when they arrived I thought OMG there is something wrong with them lol, no wonder he gave them to you lol.
Well after a lovely email to a lady called Sarah, she informed me that they are actually a rare breed called Transylvanian bare necks, or Turkens, they are not crossed with a turkey, they are called that because they resmble a turkey with the no feathers on their necks.

After a bit you actually get quite used to them, I have read that they are a friendly bird and very inquisitive and will make good pets.
I cant wait to try an egg from this funny looking chook.
Hubby says hello to them every morning before he goes to work, he has called them ET and EB (no idea) We are told that one of them won a prize at a local chook show before we got them, dont know about this, If I find out I will let you know.
Ok back to rugging up infront of the fire, did I tell you it was cold today. GGGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I dont like cold.
Cya next time....Deb....:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home